Salary: We offer a comprehensive and competitive package.
Reports to: Country Manager
Win distribution and drive rate of sale of a portfolio of world-renowned, award-winning spirits brands in the Irish Off-Trade through structured selling technique and implementation of activation programmes with key Off-Trade customers to recruit consumers whilst improving distribution and visibility with a rigorous focus on driving sales-out and consumer call. Delivery of profitable, mutually beneficial propositions to drive ranging, distribution and volume growth.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
• To maintain and grow the distribution of company portfolio in assigned Wholesale, C&C, Group and Independent accounts and to achieve targets set by the Country Manager in line with Brand plans and segmentation.
• Plan, build and execute meaningful Joint Business Plan program with key customers.
• Deliver growth through new brand and pack-size listings as targeted.
• Successfully negotiate and win range reviews and new listings with key customers.
• Prospect and secure new business within the Channel.
• To maintain adequate stock levels in each account to allow for sales fluctuations caused by seasonality & promotional activity.
• Working with minimum supervision, to deliver the Off-Trade brand building plan and activation programme. Examples of activation, Perfect Serve, Sampling, Tailored Competitions, permanent unique brand visibility.
• Will meet Key Performance Indicators including but not limited to: Daily Call-Rate, Distribution Growth, Volume Targets, NSV & GP, Debt Management.
• Engage and build relationships with Wholesale and Cash’n’Carry sales teams to drive sales of the portfolio.
• Deliver brand training modules to industry sales teams and utilise Brand Managers and or Sales Managers to supplement this as appropriate.
• Record relevant outlet information via technology provided. In all outlets to record outlet information, activation and deliver appropriate presentations.
• Manage budgets in agreement with country manager to only “invest to grow”.
• Identifying opportunities via market intelligence and networking with customers to identify that enable the targeting of the right consumers.
• Effectively plan and manage the working day to ensure coverage is achieved at key trading times of customers. This may involve occasional evening work and a requirement to live within reasonable travelling distance of the core area.
• Ensure, that customers are equipped to serve and promote the Brand to consumers and enable them to become champions/ambassadors for our brands.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with all customers
• All administrative requirements completed on-time & in full.
• Planning & Organising
Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute tailored customer plans.
Expresses self in a clear, succinct and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
• Customer/Consumer Commitment
Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external
Ability to routinely follow a proven winning sales method and flex own style.
• Business Awareness
Comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
• Self-Awareness & Development
Appetite to grow self and develop skills to maximise potential and deliver career ambitions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with proven track record of delivering against key metrics and
performance indicators in a Key Account/National Account role in FMCG.
• Above experience within the alcohol industry will be a distinct advantage.
• Broad knowledge of Irish Off-Trade and strong commercial experience ideally with a Spirits
• Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with proven ability to
execute commercial delivery.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all
• Strong understanding of balance between commercial delivery and brand building agenda.
• Strong IT skills and ability to use data to interpret insights and build plans.
• Strong presentation skills and experience at delivering training / presentations.
• Previous experience in sales or marketing within the alcohol industry is desirable.
• Commercial & Financial acumen with a demonstrated ability to build compelling customer
propositions that will deliver brand growth and meet customer needs.
• Third-level qualification desirable, not essential.
• Industry-related qualification (e.g. WSET) desirable, not essential.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
• Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and infectious passion to build and develop the business.
• Strong relationship management skills
• Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
• Adaptable and resilient.
• Works to add value.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email George Roberts – [email protected]