Last Updated on May 18, 2022
Sales Development Executive
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The Marketing Assistant is fundamental to the Marketing Department taking a lead role across a number of important cross-portfolio projects and processes including Design Workflow, Event Support, Market Data Analysis and Competitive Intelligence.
Internal key relationships:
Country Manager, On-Trade & Off-Trade Key Account Managers, Brand Development Managers, Brand Managers, Supply Chain, Key Account Managers, Finance Team.
As Marketing Assistant on a defined portfolio of brands, you will be fundamental in growing brand sales, market share and awareness through ATL and BTL activity. The Marketing Assistant is also responsible for supporting the Marketing Manager and wider Marketing team with delivering brand strategy and keeping to brand guidelines across all Tier 1 and agency brands.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures
- Lead day-to-day workflow management of the design studio using Monday web-based software – ensure briefs are inputted in a timely manner and enable effective and efficient communication between brand, sales and design team.
- Manage the organisation, tracking and reporting of all marketing lead events with a focus on logistics and result tracking. Work closely with operations, logistics, sales, finance and marketing teams to ensure clear communication between departments.
- Manage, evaluate and report on quarterly and annual market data and competitive intelligence including Nielsen, CGA and Kantar. Turn data into actionable insights and share these insights with brand and sales teams on a quarterly basis.
- Support Marketing Manager with the development and delivery of strategic brand plans on Tier 1 brands
- Develop marketing and activation programmes rooted in consumer understanding and insights at outlet level to drive visibility, trial and purchase
- Lead delivery of effective programmes to achieve sales driver goals and KPIs for key brands such as distribution, rate of sale, occasion and visibility
- Support Marketing Manager with Paddy Brand Management with a focus on Social Media, word of mouth and trade advocacy
- Lead execution of Social Media program with oversight from Marketing Manager
- Ensure execution of all programmes with excellence and effective personal development through the PDS and CDS systems
- Share quarterly Ireland Market Data summaries with Hi-Spirits Ireland and UK teams to help develop an organisation-wide understanding of the Ireland spirit landscape and trends.
- All administrative requirements completed on-time & in full.
Functional Competencies Function: Marketing
- Planning & Organising
Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect. Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, subordinates, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Customer/Consumer Commitment
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Business Acumen
Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results appropriately; delivers timely and objective feedback on accomplishments.
- Self-Awareness & Development
Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; Works on compensating for weakness and limits
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Brand Marketing experience and/or related experience in an FMCG environment
- Excellent communication skills with experience of developing and delivering compelling presentations
- Project management skills with the ability to successfully plan, manage and prioritise tasks across
- Ability to show creative thinking and high-standard of executional delivery
- Experience in building collaborative relationships with agency partners and sales teams
- Must demonstrate commercial acumen with a strong ability to analyse and draw insights from data
- Passion for spirits and alcohol with some knowledge of the Ireland On and Off-Trade landscape
- Willing to learn with a positive, can do attitude
- Demonstrate influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships
at all levels.
- Third-level qualification
- Full, clean driving license
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and infectious passion to build and develop the business.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Works to add value.