Last Updated on April 13, 2022
Sales Development Executive
Reports to: Senior Business Development Manager
Management of a dynamic base of On-Trade & Off-Trade accounts in a given geographical area – with outlet focus based on the business brand segmentation model.
Internal key relationships:
Country Manager, Off-Trade Key Account Managers, On-Trade Business Development Managers, Brand Managers, Supply Chain, Key Account Managers, Finance Team.
Win distribution and drive rate of sale of a portfolio of world-renowned, award-winning spirits brands in the Irish On-Trade & Off-Trade through structured selling technique and commercial acumen with the implementation of activation programmes in key outlets within a territory, recruiting consumers whilst improving distribution and visibility with a rigorous focus on driving sales-out and consumer call.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures
- Working with minimum supervision, manage a core number of accounts within a territory to deliver the On Trade & Off-Trade brand building plan and activation programme. Examples of activation, Perfect Serve, Sampling, Tailored Competitions, Menu Presence, permanent unique brand visibility.
- Will meet Key Performance Indicators including but not limited to: Daily Call-Rate, Distribution Growth, Rate of Sale Growth, Volume Targets, Debt Management.
- Achieve preferred partner status with key outlets by developing tailored solutions to meet consumer needs and establishing expert status through advice on the Spirits Category, proposing range by Hi-Spirits Ireland segmentation model.
- Deliver brand training modules to educate trade professionals and utilise Brand Managers and or Sales Managers to supplement this as appropriate.
- Record relevant outlet information via technology provided in all outlets to record outlet information, activation and deliver appropriate presentations.
- Manage budgets to deliver KPI targets eg Pouring Accounts, Menu Presence, Listings, Activation, Incentives, Distribution, NBD growth, ROS acceleration.
- Identifying opportunities via market intelligence and networking with customers to enable the targeting of the right consumers.
- Effectively plan and manage the working day to ensure coverage is achieved at key trading times of customers. This will involve evening work and a requirement to live within reasonable travelling distance of the core area.
- Ensure, that customers are equipped to serve and promote the Brand to consumers and enable them to become champions/ambassadors for our brands.
- Develop and forge strong relationships with key wholesalers.
- All administrative requirements completed on-time & in full.
Functional Competencies Function: Sales
- Planning & Organising
Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative.
Expresses self in a clear, succinct and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
- Customer/Consumer Commitment
Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
Ability to routinely follow a proven winning sales method and flex own style.
- Business Awareness
Comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
- Self-Awareness & Development
Appetite to grow self and develop skills to maximise potential and deliver career ambitions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in sales within FMCG sector. Experience in alcohol sales will be a distinct advantage.
- Broad knowledge of Irish On-Trade & Off-Trade and strong commercial experience ideally with a spirits background.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with proven ability to execute commercial delivery.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Experience of activating brands in the On Trade & Off-Trade is essential.
- Strong understanding of balance between commercial delivery and brand building agenda.
- Strong IT skills and ability to use data to interpret insights and build plans.
- Strong presentation skills and experience at delivering training / presentations.
- Bartending/mixology/hospitality industry experience an advantage.
- Commercial & Financial acumen with a demonstrated ability to build compelling customer propositions that will deliver brand growth and meet customer needs.
- Third-level qualification is desirable, not essential.
- Industry-related qualification (e.g. WSET) desirable, not essential.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and infectious passion to build and develop the On-trade & Off-Trade business.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Works to add value.
Applications to be emailed to George Roberts at [email protected]